Braces – Rochester, NY | Webster, NY
Straighter Smiles Guaranteed
When it comes to fixing crooked, crowded, or gapped teeth, nothing is better for the job than traditional braces in Rochester. Strong, reliable, and durable, Dr. Drabik is able to correct both minor and major orthodontic concerns with relative ease using this tried-and-true teeth-straightening solution. If you’re interested in learning more about this treatment for you or your child, we invite you to schedule a friendly and informative consultation with Dr. Drabik today. If you’d like to learn a bit more before reaching out, then read on!
Why Choose Drabik Orthodontics for Traditional Orthodontics?
- Orthodontist with more than 20 years of experience
- Passionate about providing premier care & outstanding customer service
- Options available for patients of all ages
How Do Traditional Metal Braces Work?
Traditional metal braces have been around for quite some time. They are very effective for correcting minor to serious orthodontic concerns. Metal brackets are attached to the surface of the tooth and a small elastic (ligature) holds the orthodontic wires in place. Ligatures come in a variety of colors or can blend in with the brackets to make them less noticeable. The wires apply constant, even pressure to the teeth, helping you achieve your straighter smile over a period of time.
What Orthodontic Issues Can Braces Fix?
Braces in Webster are extremely reliable when it comes to addressing a wide range of orthodontic issues, including:
- Bite Misalignment – Does your bite not come together evenly? Unfortunately, this concern isn’t just a cosmetic one, it can also negatively affect your oral and overall health. Don’t worry – braces can correct overbites, underbites, crossbites, and more.
- Crooked & Crowded Teeth – Do your teeth overlap? This can create unique crevices for food particles and debris to hide in, increasing your chances of cavities. Not to mention the toll it can take on your self-confidence. The good news is that braces can gently guide your teeth into their properly aligned positions, benefiting both the look and function of your smile.
- Gapped Teeth – Are you unhappy with spaces between your teeth? This is yet another orthodontic issue that braces can correct!
Caring For Your Braces
Braces are comprised of materials that are both high in quality and extremely durable. With that said, they do still require some maintenance. Therefore, you should:
- Brush for two full minutes after each meal, making sure to clean the top and bottom of each bracket.
- Wear a mouthguard when you play sports.
- Prioritize your check-in appointments with your orthodontist.
- Avoid the foods on your dietary restrictions, like whole apples, hard candies, and gum.
Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics
We recommend every child should have a complete orthodontic screening by the time they are seven years old. This allows Dr. Drabik to diagnose and treat any early developmental issues. In doing so, Dr. Drabik can use more conservative treatments to achieve significant and long-lasting results. With Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics, we can usually decrease a child’s need for more involved orthodontic treatment in the future.
Learn More About Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics
Many adults avoid straightening their teeth because they do not want noticeable metal braces. This is completely understandable. Thankfully, there is an option that offers the reliability of braces with a cosmetic twist—clear/ceramic braces.
The brackets are made of a see-through or tooth-colored material. The wires are also tooth-colored. The clear bracket and white wire combination make this form of treatment blend seamlessly into your smile. This treatment is perfect for adults who want to maintain their professional appearance. It is great for image-conscious teens too. The other advantage to today’s ceramic brackets is they do not stain. They stay clear!
Learn More About Clear/Ceramic Braces
With traditional metal braces, the teeth are moved using a slight amount of pressure applied by a wire. The wire is held in the brackets by a small elastic (ligature) on each tooth. While this method is extremely effective, the friction caused by the ligature against the wire can actually slow down tooth movement.
Self-ligating brackets are designed to address this increase in friction. The wire is held in place using a small metal latch on each bracket. This allows teeth to slide more easily along the wire. Thus, creating faster tooth movement. It also allows patients to have their braces adjusted less frequently. This can lead to significant time savings over the course of their treatment.
Imagine getting braces that absolutely no one could see. Sound impossible? That is exactly how lingual braces work. They use the same dependable method as traditional braces—metal brackets and wires—but instead of being placed on the front of the teeth, they are placed on the back, preventing them from being seen.
This makes treatment extremely discreet without changing its effectiveness. It is perfect for both adults and older children. The other advantage of lingual braces is they are efficient because they are not removable. Clear aligner treatment requires compliance.
AcceleDent® and Propel Accelerated Orthodontics
One of the most common questions at our office is: “how long is my treatment going to take?”; The answer is different from patient to patient depending on their needs. However, we offer cutting edge technology called Acceledent and Propel. Acceledent and Propel utilize vibration technology to make treatment more comfortable and shorter in duration.
Acceledent and Propel are small handheld devices that patients bite on once a day for 20 minutes. Micropulses are delivered to the teeth enhancing bone remodeling and thus making teeth move faster. These devices have been shown to shorten treatment time by as much as 40%.