ZOOM! WHITENING – ROCHESTER, NY | WEBSTER, NY
An Innovative Smile Brightening Solution
If you’ve been thinking about making some improvements to your smile, chances are you’ve considered teeth whitening. Who doesn’t want a brilliant set of pearly whites like the ones you see in magazines or in movies? At Drabik Orthodontics, we can use Zoom! teeth whitening in Rochester to help treat some of the discoloration or stains that have built up on your teeth over the years. Call our practice today to learn more.
Why Choose Drabik Orthodontics for Teeth Whitening?
- Innovative, Clinically Proven Zoom! Whitening
- Fast, Reliable Results
- Gets Rid of Various Tooth Stains and Discoloration
Your Options for Teeth Whitening
At Drabik Orthodontics, we want our patients to have access to a wide variety of treatments so they can choose the option that works best for their needs. That’s why we provide Zoom! whitening for both in-office and at-home use.
Zoom! In-Office Whitening
The Zoom! in-office teeth whitening procedure works somewhat differently than other approaches. It uses a specially formulated, sensitivity-free whitening gel that contains hydrogen peroxide and is applied directly to your teeth. Once we have applied the gel to your smile, we will use a special heating lamp that helps the gel penetrate the surfaces of your enamel, lifting and lightening deep stains in the process. This solution is great for anyone who wants a dramatic change in one convenient appointment. Zoom! in-office teeth whitening in Webster can whiten your teeth up to 8 shades in about an hour. The best part is that it can remove hard-to-reach discoloration that could never be improved by an over-the-counter product.
Zoom! Take-Home Whitening
Looking for a way to achieve professional results from the comfort of your own home? We offer all the benefits of Zoom! with an at-home option. This treatment utilizes the same high-grade gel as the in-office whitening, however there is a key difference. Instead of our special light, we will provide you with a mouthpiece that you wear once you’ve applied the gel. This is a hi-tech mouthpiece that contains an LED light, which speeds up the process. The light energizes the hydrogen peroxide and increases the whitening power that surrounds each tooth. When used at home, it’s generally recommended to wear the mouthpiece and gel for three, 8-minute applications each day for a week, or until you see the results you want. This solution is great for anyone who wants amazing results without having to sit in the dental chair!
Benefits of Zoom! Whitening Compared to Other Products
We offer Zoom! whitening instead of other professional products and over-the-counter whitening because of these amazing advantages:
- More Effective Treatment: Zoom! is generally more effective than whitening strips and other treatments purchased over the counter.
- Gentle:The gel is formulated not to cause tooth sensitivity.
- Fast Results:Other professional take-home whitening treatments take up to two weeks, but in many cases patients who use Zoom! see results in half that time.
- Long-Lasting: With regular maintenance, the results of Zoom! Whitening can last for a long time.
- Safe with Other Dental Work:Zoom! Whitening can remove surface stains from crowns, bridges, veneers, and other unnatural tooth surfaces.
How Do Teeth Become Discolored?
There are many different reasons why your teeth might appear darker than they used to. Possible causes include:
- Food and Beverages: Coffee, tea, wines, blueberries, tomato sauce and other dark-colored foods and beverages can leave stains if consumed often enough.
- Tobacco:Whether it’s smoked or chewed, tobacco puts you at a higher risk for stained enamel.
- Poor Dental Hygiene:If you don’t brush or floss well, you might not remove stain-causing substances in time.
- Medications:Antibiotics such as tetracycline and doxycycline can discolor teeth in children when given at a young age.
- Trauma:Damage from a fall can cause tooth discoloration in children and adults.
- Aging:As you get older, your tooth enamel gets worn away and exposes the yellower dentin underneath. The tooth also becomes less translucent as you get older, which makes it appear darker.
Depending on the cause and severity of the discoloration, we may be able to help you brighten your pearly whites using Zoom! Whitening.
Teeth Whitening FAQs
Now that you know more about teeth whitening in Webster, you might be ready to begin treatment. Of course, it’s completely normal to still have a few questions about the process. At Drabik Orthodontics, we want you to be well-informed before you decide to move forward. That’s why we’ve answered a few of the most common questions we receive from patients about teeth whitening. If you prefer to speak directly with a member of our team or would like to schedule a consultation, give us a call!
Does Teeth Whitening Hurt?
Many patients are hesitant to commit to treatment because they’re worried it will hurt. Although this is a valid concern, teeth whitening in Gates is entirely customized to each patient’s unique dental needs, meaning you’re significantly less likely to experience tooth sensitivity. However, you must let us know if your teeth are prone to sensitivity so we can advise you on the best course of action to make your treatment as comfortable as possible. That could include using a specialty toothpaste, avoiding hot beverages, or spacing out your whitening appointments.
How Can I Make My Teeth Whitening Results Last?
Your stunning, bright smile can last anywhere from a few months to a few years. Of course, it depends entirely on how well you care for your new pearly whites. Here are some ways you can ensure your results last as long as possible:
- Practice good oral hygiene (brush twice a day, floss daily, and use mouthwash regularly)
- Visit your dentist for a checkup and cleaning every six months
- Limit your intake of dark-colored foods and beverages (red wine, coffee, soda)
- Quit poor dental habits (smoking, chewing on ice, using your teeth as tools)
Am I a Candidate for Teeth Whitening?
Do you have stained or discolored teeth? If so, you’re likely a candidate for teeth whitening. Of course, the only way to find out for certain is by scheduling a consultation with your cosmetic dentist in Webster. He will conduct a thorough oral examination and ask about your smile goals. If your oral health is in good standing, he can start developing your treatment plan. However, if there is an untreated problem like gum disease, you’ll need the appropriate treatment first.
Is Teeth Whitening Safe?
There is no room for error when it comes to your smile which is why it’s crucial to only use products specifically designed for your teeth and gums. Products that haven’t been approved by the FDA and ADA haven’t undergone rigorous testing, meaning they could cause damage to your pearly whites. Fortunately, professional teeth whitening treatments are considered extremely safe. Not only are they administered by a licensed professional, but the custom-made trays ensure the solution doesn’t spread to your gums or accidentally get ingested.