GLO Whitening – Webster, NY | Rochester, NY
An Innovative Smile Brightening Solution
If you’ve been thinking about making some improvements to your smile, chances are you’ve considered teeth whitening. Who doesn’t want a brilliant set of pearly whites like the ones you see in magazines or in movies? At Drabik Orthodontics, we can use GLO whitening to help treat some of the discoloration or stains that have built up on your teeth over the years. Call our practice today to learn more.
Why Choose Drabik Orthodontics for Teeth Whitening?
- Innovative, Clinically Proven GLO Whitening
- Fast, Reliable Results
- Gets Rid of Various Tooth Stains and Discoloration
How Do Teeth Become Discolored?
There are many different reasons why your teeth might appear darker than they used to. Possible causes include:
- Food and Beverages: Coffee, tea, wines, blueberries, tomato sauce and other dark-colored foods and beverages can leave stains if consumed often enough.
- Tobacco: Whether it’s smoked or chewed, tobacco puts you at a higher risk for stained enamel.
- Poor Dental Hygiene: If you don’t brush or floss well, you might not remove stain-causing substances in time.
- Medications: Antibiotics such as tetracycline and doxycycline can discolor teeth in children when given at a young age.
- Trauma: Damage from a fall can cause tooth discoloration in children and adults.
- Aging: As you get older, your tooth enamel gets worn away and exposes the yellower dentin underneath. The tooth also becomes less translucent as you get older, which makes it appear darker.
Depending on the cause and severity of the discoloration, we may be able to help you brighten your pearly whites using GLO Whitening.
What Is GLO Whitening and How Does It Work?
The GLO Whitening procedure works somewhat differently than other approaches. It uses a specially formulated, sensitivity-free whitening gel that contains hydrogen peroxide and is applied directly to your teeth. The gel penetrates your enamel and evaporates, taking stain-causing particles with it.
The other key to GLO Whitening is a special mouthpiece that contains an LED light that speeds up the process. The light energizes the hydrogen peroxide and increases the whitening power that surrounds each tooth. When used at home, it’s generally recommended to wear the mouthpiece and gel for three 8-minute applications each day for a week, or until you see the results you want. You can also have the procedure done in-office to dramatically brighten your smile in under an hour.
Benefits of GLO Whitening
- More Effective Treatment: GLO is generally more effective than whitening strips and other treatments purchased over the counter.
- Gentle: The gel is formulated not to cause tooth sensitivity.
- Fast Results: Other professional take-home whitening treatments take up to two weeks, but in many cases patients who use GLO see results in half that time.
- Long-Lasting: With regular maintenance, the results of GLO Whitening can last for a long time.
- Safe with Other Dental Work: GLO Whitening can remove surface stains from crowns, bridges, veneers, and other unnatural tooth surfaces.