ZOOM! WHITENING – WEBSTER, NY | ROCHESTER, NY
An Innovative Smile Brightening Solution
If you’ve been thinking about making some improvements to your smile, chances are you’ve considered teeth whitening. Who doesn’t want a brilliant set of pearly whites like the ones you see in magazines or in movies? At Drabik Orthodontics, we can use Zoom! whitening to help treat some of the discoloration or stains that have built up on your teeth over the years. Call our practice today to learn more.
Why Choose Drabik Orthodontics for Teeth Whitening?
- Innovative, Clinically Proven Zoom! Whitening
- Fast, Reliable Results
- Gets Rid of Various Tooth Stains and Discoloration
Your Options for Teeth Whitening
At Drabik Orthodontics, we want our patients to have access to a wide variety of treatments so they can choose the option that works best for their needs. That’s why we provide Zoom! whitening for both in-office and at-home use. Read to learn about these two solutions below:
Zoom! In-Office Whitening
The Zoom! in-office whitening procedure works somewhat differently than other approaches. It uses a specially formulated, sensitivity-free whitening gel that contains hydrogen peroxide and is applied directly to your teeth. Once we have applied the gel to your smile, we will use a special heating lamp that helps the gel penetrate the surfaces of your enamel, lifting and lightening deep stains in the process. This solution is great for anyone who wants a dramatic change in one convenient appointment. Zoom! in-office whitening can whiten your teeth up to 8 shades in about an hour. The best part is that it can remove hard-to-reach discoloration that could never be improved by an over-the-counter product.
Zoom! Take-Home Whitening
Looking for a way to achieve professional results from the comfort of your own home? We offer all the benefits of Zoom! with an at-home option. This treatment utilizes the same high-grade gel as the in-office whitening, however there is a key difference. Instead of our special light, we will provide you with a mouthpiece that you wear once you’ve applied the gel. This is a hi-tech mouthpiece that contains an LED light, which speeds up the process. The light energizes the hydrogen peroxide and increases the whitening power that surrounds each tooth. When used at home, it’s generally recommended to wear the mouthpiece and gel for three, 8-minute applications each day for a week, or until you see the results you want. This solution is great for anyone who wants amazing results without having to sit in the dental chair!
Benefits of Zoom! Whitening Compared to Other Products
We offer Zoom! whitening instead of other professional products and over-the-counter whitening because of these amazing advantages:
- More Effective Treatment: Zoom! is generally more effective than whitening strips and other treatments purchased over the counter.
- Gentle:The gel is formulated not to cause tooth sensitivity.
- Fast Results:Other professional take-home whitening treatments take up to two weeks, but in many cases patients who use Zoom! see results in half that time.
- Long-Lasting: With regular maintenance, the results of Zoom! Whitening can last for a long time.
- Safe with Other Dental Work:Zoom! Whitening can remove surface stains from crowns, bridges, veneers, and other unnatural tooth surfaces.
How Do Teeth Become Discolored?
There are many different reasons why your teeth might appear darker than they used to. Possible causes include:
- Food and Beverages: Coffee, tea, wines, blueberries, tomato sauce and other dark-colored foods and beverages can leave stains if consumed often enough.
- Tobacco:Whether it’s smoked or chewed, tobacco puts you at a higher risk for stained enamel.
- Poor Dental Hygiene:If you don’t brush or floss well, you might not remove stain-causing substances in time.
- Medications:Antibiotics such as tetracycline and doxycycline can discolor teeth in children when given at a young age.
- Trauma:Damage from a fall can cause tooth discoloration in children and adults.
- Aging:As you get older, your tooth enamel gets worn away and exposes the yellower dentin underneath. The tooth also becomes less translucent as you get older, which makes it appear darker.
Depending on the cause and severity of the discoloration, we may be able to help you brighten your pearly whites using Zoom! Whitening.