Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics– Webster, NY | Rochester, NY
Giving Little Smiles a Strong Start
Dr. Drabik and our team enjoy helping little smiles shine. We offer an approach to treatment specifically designed to help children dealing with the earliest stages of orthodontic issues: Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics. We can start treatment early with conservative strategies. This may lessen a child’s need for more extensive treatments in the future.
Why Choose Drabik Orthodontics for Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics?
- Orthodontist with more than 20 years of experience
- Kind, compassionate, & knowledgeable team
- Designed to help prevent issues before they start
How Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics Works
Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics has one basic goal: fix misalignments in erupting permanent teeth and developing jaws to ensure the permanent teeth have enough room to come in straight. To do this, we recommend parents bring their children in for a complete orthodontic screening by the age of seven. At this age, Dr. Drabik will be able to assess the health of their remaining baby teeth and developing adult teeth, as well as evaluate any potential developmental concerns.
If Dr. Drabik sees any issues, he may recommend your child wear a removable oral appliance that will help guide their growth. After using this appliance for a period of months or years, he will reexamine their mouth and determine if they could benefit from Phase Two Orthodontics, which usually involves braces or clear aligners. Even if your child needs braces after Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics, their treatment will usually be much shorter and easier thanks to this early-age treatment.
The Benefits of Phase One Pediatric Orthodontics
- Able to correct crooked, crowded, and gapped erupting permanent teeth
- Can help lessen or eliminate alignment issues with the erupting adult teeth
- Ensures the proper development of the teeth and jaws
- Decreases a child’s need for more extensive orthodontic treatments in the future
- Can help improve oral function, including speech, chewing, and breathing
- Can help children stop habits that could lead to future orthodontic issues (thumb/finger sucking or tongue thrusting)
Come See Us!
If your child is approximately seven years old or if you can tell they already have some orthodontic concerns (crooked teeth or problems with their bite), we recommend you schedule an appointment with Dr. Drabik. He will know exactly how to make sure your little one stays comfortable and you completely understand their needs. To schedule their orthodontic consultation, contact us today!